Chicken Cocotes with Nuts and Lemon Thyme
300gr Organic White Spelt flour
70ml of cold water
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
1 chopped shallot
300g shredded cooked chicken
300 ml of milk
30gr white spelt flour
1 teaspoon lemon thyme sprigs
1 handful of walnuts
3 tablespoons Island cheese
1. Knead the flour with salt, butter and water and form a ball. Stretch with the rolling pin on a floured surface and cut the dough into discs with the help of cocotes that we will use.
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC
3. In a pan add the coconut oil with the onion and cook it over medium heat until the onion is golden. Add the shredded chicken, walnuts and lemon thyme and let it sear for a while.
4. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the flour and stir well so that the flour cooks in the fat and mix in with the flavours. Add the milk, continuing to stir and let it thicken until you get a creamy sauce.
5. Pour the filling into the cocotes and cover them with the dough caps we have previously cut. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the lids get brownish. When it becomes ready, turn the caps upside down, sprinkle with the cheese and bring it back in the oven until the cheese is slightly au gratin.
This recipe was prepared for the Organic Grocery by Susana Machado, from Suvelle Cuisine. here